To: LGCC Members & Friends
Re: Response Plan to Coronaviruses; Current Alert Level – Black, effective 3/13/2020 5 pm
To protect our church brothers and sisters against the increasing threat of the covid-19 (Coronavirus), Lord’s Grace Christian Church has now activated the “Black Alert” of the Coronavirus Alert Plan (see the chart description below). Whenever this Plan is activated, whether Yellow, Red or Black Alert designation levels, the church brothers and sisters should be cognizant of the following:
- The church closely follows the recommended coronavirus guidelines of Santa Clara County Public Health Department.
- The church buildings, rooms and facilities are regularly cleansed and sanitized, including walls, windows, door handles, bathrooms, nursery, children center, playground, and associated tables and chairs.
- Refrain from attending any group gatherings if you are sick or of such an advanced age that might make you more vulnerable to the virus.
- Maintain a 6-feet distance from your next neighboring friends.
- Do not shake hands or hug; do elbow bumps for greetings.
- Cover up your coughs if you need to cough, and wear a mask.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, mouth with your hands.
- The church will provide masks when available, if you should need one and do not have one of your own.
- The church will provide hand sanitizer, when available.
- Should you or your family members have fever or upper respiratory tract infection, you should seek medical advice as soon as possible and stay home for rest.
- Should you have visited an area with a confirmed Coronavirus case or have come into contact with a person who has been to such area, you are advised to quarantine yourself for at least 14 days before returning to any church meetings.
We will continually monitor the public notices from Santa Clara County Public Health Department and adjust the Alert Level designations accordingly. The health of our LGCC family is our primary concern. Please follow this at our church website to find out about our current Alert Level designation.
The Alert Level designation system incorporates the following considerations:
- Yellow Alert – All meetings, including worship services, Sunday School classes, churchwide prayer meetings and small group meetings are held as usual. Only special large meetings (e.g., publicly promoted evangelistic outreach meetings) and small groups for seniors (50+ years old) are cancelled. Committee meetings are held as usual. Church office operations remain functional. The Church office is open; pastors and office staff operate onsite.
- Red Alert – Worship services, Sunday School classes, and congregation-wide prayer meetings are held onsite and online, with online being the primary. No special publicly promoted large meetings. Small group meetings are online only. No 50+ senior group meetings. Business meetings are held online only. Onsite church office is closed. However, church office operations remain functional, supplemented by online tools. And appointments with the pastoral staff for onsite meetings are also available.
- Black Alert – No onsite worship, Sunday School classes and congregations-wide prayer meetings; only online. All small groups meet online. The 50+ senior group meetings are all cancelled. Business meetings are online only. Onsite church office is closed. However, church office operations remain functional, supplemented by online tools. And appointments with the pastoral staff for onsite meetings are also available.
We, as a church, desire to continue worshipping our LORD Jesus Christ at all times. We will not panic because our LORD has given us eternal life through His grace. We will continue to rejoice and thank Him for His protection and love for each of us.
Philippians 4:6-7 – Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Elders Council, Lord’s Grace Christian Church
Coronavirus Alert Classification
Our church is using the following Alert Level designations in response to the coronavirus outbreak, drawing from the guidance inputs from Santa Clara County Public Health Department.
- Yellow Alert: Mass gatherings may pose a possible hazard to human health.
- Red Alert: Mass gatherings may pose a moderate level of risk to human health.
- Black Alert: Mass gatherings can pose a high level of risk to human health.